Old
03-28-2004, 02:46 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
I wonder how many we have.

When you say NHL contracts, does that encompass players playing rookie seasons in the AHL and ECHL? It must...

Yes, and CHL as well. Larrivee was signed but played as an overager for the Sags last year. Any player under contract by the Habs.

Under contract for next year so far

Theodore, Garon, Brisebois, Rivet, Komisarek, Bouillon, Markov, Dykhuis, Koivu, Bulis, Ward, Higgins, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Ferland, Milroy, Larrivee, Shasby, Archer, Danis. That's 20, but Dykhuis imo could be bought out possibly (would save around 700K)

Souray, Zednik, Kovy, Begin, Hossa, Hainsey, Michaud, Damphousse, Thinel, Dwyer, Gratton, should be signed. That's 31 players if all are resigned.

Perreault, Sundstrom, Juneau, Dackell, Langdon, Quintal, Fichaud, Cote, Marios, are in the could be signed. (no not all of them, but 2 or 3 perhaps)

Then there's rookies, Lambert and Deveaux who must be signed or they are gone. I think Lambert gets inked for sure, and Deveaux I am hopeful that he's signed as he would be add a cheap, big, tough, decent hands, good on face-offs, and add some depth and size down the middle. j

Then there's Flood, Urquhart, Locke, Kastsitsyn, Korneev, Robinson, Glenn and could be signed as they are old enough to play in the AHL.

I dont' think all of them will be signed, but that should still leave us somewhere around 40 NHL contracts, so plenty of room to add more if need be.

I'd look at FA's and Overagers to fill any spots in Hamilton if need be. Rene Bourque, Greg Hornby, M-A Bureau, Domic Soucy, Junior Lessard, Yanick Tiffu are just a few guys I would look at to help Hamilton (no not all of them) There's several good overagers just in the Q this year alone.

Last edited by montreal: 03-28-2004 at 03:10 PM.