View Single Post
Old
03-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
I remember Kerr as a guy who was looked lazy because of the way he looked, but he certainly didn't play that way. I thought his mobility and skating in general was underrated. He seemed to have an easy-going way about him, but he was anything but if angered. I didn't pay that much attention to his defense earlier in his career, but anybody who played for Mike Keenan HAD to be a complete player or they watched from the press box.

I think Kerr and LeClair have a lot in common in a general sense: they were both big players, tough to move from in front of the net yet with soft hands, and generally avoided confrontation. However, I remember seeing Kerr during a fight in 1987, and that's where the comparison between the two ends for me. Kerr was simply a nasty guy if provoked, whereas I think the meanest I've seen LeClair was during his bear hug with Redden a few Fridays ago.

As for LeClair, I can't understand why the guy has never been nominated for the Lady Byng. I can't think of a player who has been subjected to more punishment yet just keeps playing within the rules.
Was he a one dimensional player in a sense that he could "only" score goals?