Thread: Refereeing Tips
View Single Post
Old
11-21-2007, 02:21 AM
SpokaneChiefs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Your "earful" could be considered an intimidation and will cause you a major loss of respect with the players. WHINE and stripes do not go well together.
Well said. If a player is just trying to get the puck out of the zone in a hurry (Clearing on a PK for example), the last thing he wants to do is hit an official with the puck and have it stay in the zone. I dont know where you came up with this "Intinally firing a puck at the official" stuff, but thats not what anyone was talking about.

I am by no means an elite player at all, and had this come up once in a game. I dumped it off the galss and down the ice, but right before it happened the Official started yelling at me saying that he was there. I seen him and put by by him (not even that close to him IMO). As we skated down ice he pointed me out and started yelling. He very rudely warned me next time it was going to be a penalty. I'm sorry, but some officials are power freaks and try to make themselves a bigger part of the game when it comes of that stuff...

Trust me, no one is trying to hit you. If you have a problem, calmly tell the player the next chance you have. You don't need to bite anyones head off and create tension...everyones there for the same reason.

SpokaneChiefs is offline   Reply With Quote