View Single Post
Old
11-28-2007, 12:54 PM
yukoner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
On the Habs, he is a star. Easily. I would take him first before any other forward on the team.
This is a good example of the huge bias people have towards Higgins on this board.

WHat the hell has he done to earn that status?? Scored 22 goals?

Fact is, he took a very long time to finally start producing at the NHL level, and while starting off strong this year, he has totally faded in the last few weeks and been a non-factor.

He's missed a ton of chances, and simply has hardly done anything to help this team win all year long.

Koivu, Kovalev and Plekanec are all MUCH more integral to this teams success currently, yet you would take Higgins over any of them?? It's a little ridiculous.

Why, because he skates fast? Because he has great puck control in the corners?? Those things are great, but they don't replace points, they don't replace results, and unfortunately that's somewhere that higgins has always lacked: results.

I love the guy, but it's pretty silly when we jump all over Ryder every mistake he makes, and give Higgin's a total free pass.

He doesn 't have a great shot, and he is not showing that he's a great passer either, I can count the times he's set up Ryder with a good pass on one hand.