View Single Post
Old
03-31-2004, 07:36 PM
BwayBshirt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
we have no use for lindros or bure, we are rebuilding, they both are older, near the end, and will require alot of money

something no one here has even mentioned is that none of these guys is going to accept a huge salary reduction (regardless of the possible new cba) to play on a rebuilding team, maybe to play on a contender, but not to be in last place, and if they are willing then i have to question their motives

i cant complain about either of these guys performances when they were healthy but its time to get younger and go in a different direction

now if we have to sign a center to play with jagr, something i think sather will do, i want someone who isnt injury prone and who can still make an impact, rolston is that man

as for coach, i dont see hitch getting fired, id love to get him if he is, but i dont see him getting fired even if the flyers lose in the 1st round

as for robinson, he didnt want to coach a bunch of overpaid older veterans, he enjoys working with younger guys and teaching them, he may be interested now, i cant blame him for not being interested before, besides who wants to work for sather? i dont

I wouldn't question their motives if either accepted a kariya-esque, incentive-laden deal. While I don't believe both would do something like that, I do think one of them would just to prove they could stay healthy a while or simply to keep playing even on a team like the rangers.

I do agree though on Hitchcock, didn't know problems existed between him and Clarke. I've been of the opinion all season long that if the Flyers were eliminated in a discouraging manner that Clarke not Hitchcock would go. If Hitchcock were to become available, I would hope Sather wouldn't screw it up twice, but you never know.