View Single Post
Old
03-31-2004, 08:28 PM
Histrion

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
I'm getting sick of it...

I am getting absolutly sick of people that never stop ranting about the Kovalev's trade. Will you guys ever shut up? We heard your point, now friggin' move on!

I mean... I don't care if this deal doesn't pan out as well as expected. I don't care if Kovalev don't resign here. To me, this deal is purely symbolic. I don't look at the stats sheet every night to see if we wonor not. We won! Yeah, "we", the fans, the team and the organization. Bob Gainey and George Gillett made a statement with this deal. What it tells us is that they are ready to go and get a pricey veteran when the team is playing well, something we haven't done since something like 1970 with Frank Mahovlich.. and you guys are complaining because we might have had the best end of the deal? Come on! Trades are like games, you win some, you lose some, but you just move on. In this case, a lot of you seems to think we are losers. Well, maybe that Balej would have been a wisest choice for the future, but he wasn't even playing on our roster when he was traded and, furthermore, Kovalev, when he is "on", is a much more lethal weapon that Balej will ever be.

Now, you can continue to look at this deal from a narrow range, but once you get beyond that, you'll see that this deal make mean a lot more than two players and a pick being traded.