View Single Post
Old
11-29-2007, 08:50 AM
frito

vCash: 500
From one coach to your coach, GET REAL. Proper hydration increases performance, decreases muscle cramps and generally reduces the risk of serious injury up to and including death. The idea of the captain speaking to him is a good one. Another possibility is have any parents in the medical field, if any, talk to him about proper hydration and maybe even talk to the entire team - players, coaching staff, parents etc. about it. My assistant coach is an orthopedic surgeon/sports medicine. You can regularly hear him shouting "Don't wait, HYDRATE".

If there aren't any parents in the medical field I would try to get the parents to band together ant let the coach know how rediculous this is and that they will be sending water bottles with the players and expect that the team will be allow to drink them. I would expect a player to consume an entire water bottle over the course of a 70 minute high skating intensity practice.

Your coach needs to move into the 21st century and do some reading on the subject. Heck, the coaches' gift from our organization this year was water bottles.

Good luck.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote