View Single Post
Old
11-30-2007, 06:10 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
One of my favorite ways is joining the rush. Become a fourth forward on the rush, and use the speed you gain in the neutral zone to carry you back to the point once the opportunity is over. Learning when to pinch is helpful too, but you need to know how to read the plays so you can already be on your way back when the opposing team gets the puck. That can be tough to do.

Beyond that, keep your shots low. Learn to shoot with your head up so you can get your shot through traffic. You don't always want to shoot to score, but for tips and rebounds. A good passing game is also key. I can't tell you how many times I get an assist just by giving a good breakout pass. Learn to give the puck to forwards so they are able to maintain they speed. You want them to be able to skate into the puck. Sometimes it's better to pass the puck into an area so that they can do this, rather than trying to put the puck exactly on their tape.

One of the most important things about being a good two-way defenseman is being able to trust your team. It makes it a little easier to jump into those offensive opportunities. You don't want to be second guessing those decisions because you don't have faith in your teammates.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote