View Single Post
Old
04-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Darz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Probably as much as you have. How much help is seeing a guy play in a game or two? If you were a scout from Mars and stopped in to watch Theodore play tonight, what would you think of him? Would you presume that he was one of the top goaltenders in the league? Would you grab him for your Mars Fantasy Pool Team? Sheldon Souray? Would you make the assumption that Theodore and Souray were the two guys on the team that would play in an All Star Game? They both looked like crap, but if you could check stats and history and records for the two of them you might come to a different conclusion.
That's why we should trust the habs scouts who have watched guys like Kastitsyn alot more than you and I and 99% of the people here combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Watching Kastitisyn hotdogging it on draft day and the fact that he seemed to take the season after being drafted off are the main things that make me think he is already living in the future. I don't know a lot about the country of Belarus, but I would have to think that like most Eastern European countries, it is very poor and old world by our standards. That makes the money, the fame, and the glory of being a professional athlete more difficult to deal with for a kid from that background. I'm not going on any sort of hard data, but it seems to me that Eastern European players on the whole are more susceptible to attitude problems once they turn professional.
Way to generalize about almost an entire continent. I guess by those standards, all us North Americains are gunslinging, whisky drinkin, John Wayne lovin cowboys.

YEEEHAW!!!!!!!!