View Single Post
Old
04-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Darz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
But théo is far from being a proven playoffs goalie. Winning the last two games by himself against the Bruins has NOT to be considered playoffs success.
That's where I disagree. Very few goalies can take there game up to that level (for example who was the last Bruins goalie to win a playoff game/series by himself, then again when is the last time the Bruins one a playoff series???), that they can win games by themselves, even fewer if you are talking playoffs. Theo has shown the ability to do this, which means for him to do it again is really not out of the question, since he has proved it in the past. The book on Raycroft, as far as playoffs go hasn't even been started. I never said that Raycroft WOULDN'T have any playoff success (if he stays in Boston, the chances aren't good, but.... )

I'm not comparing Theodore's playoff success to Brodeur or anything, and I've always stated that experience (playoff wise) sometimes really gets overrated, but winning a playoff series means more success than never playing in one.