View Single Post
Old
04-01-2004, 10:24 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
We paid Prospal $6.5 million, which is bad, but now we get him for 4 years at $2.5 million.

Anyway, Lupul won't be traded straight up for O'Neil. He's a 20 year old kid with an amazing shot, who could potentially score 20 or more goals as a 21 year old. O'Neil is a $3.5 million 28 year old who may rebound and net 25-30 goals. When you have a prospect compared a bit to Mike Bossy, you don't trade him for Jeff O'Neil. Besides, Loops not only has chemistry with Fedorov, but he seems to like the Anaheim girls as well
i dont think oneill for lupul (with or without throw-ins) will happen either. i just think saying lupul will score more goals this year than oneill is a)off-base, he hasnt proven much yet b)putting too much expectations on a kid that young. i do think however that oneill would fit with ducks, and that the ducks are built for now nore than for 5 years down the road. to get oneill i see them giving up at least one quality young player to get one who is at 28, entering his prime. if lupul is off the list, then i would think its popovic, perry, or chistov. carolina is looking to give up some salary, i could see someone like aaron ward getting added to an oneill deal - would you guys be interested in ward? i see him as a rugged 4/5 d-man with great experience. a deal like that i could see sykora being added with a prospect - to even out the salary exchange a bit. i think this thread started with sykora - i could see him going in something like this, though i think you should keep him. any ducks fans see this trade being bigger like that?