View Single Post
Old
12-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Dynasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: THIS THREAD IS NOT SUITED FOR PEOPLE WITH A WEAK SARCASM-O-METER, READER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED
---------------------------------------------------------------

Since the Habs is doing so badly lately and are trailing a big 4 points to the conference leaders, people started wittingly noticing that we are missing offense. But, what is the source of all this offensive plague ? Bad drafting ? No trades ? Think again; it's because of our GM ignoring all the Quebecers on the free agency.

Two years ago, we signed some guy named Sergei Samsonov when an elite superstar from our province was available; Jean-Pierre Dumont. The season went by and Samsonov proved Gainey that he made a terrible decision; Jean-Pierre Dumont was tearing the league apart with the Predators. You think that's all? Wrong ! When we tought that Daniel Briere was 20 minutes of being an Habs, we learn that he signed a fat-*** contract in Philly because he had friends there.

Nevertheless, guess who was a teammate of Briere in Buffalo ? Jean-Pierre Dumont ! If we went for the little Quebecer, we would have a Briere-Dumont tandem instead of a, well, no one. Not only that but we traded our only french canadian offensive threat who had more than 60 points for a has-been defenseman. Instead of trying to bring guys from our nation here, Bob traded them away for peanuts. So, the question is, do you prefer:

Latendresse - Briere - Dumont
Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Ribeiro - Kostitsyn
Plekanec - Chipchura - Lapierre

or

Higgins - Koivu - Streit
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
.... 6 pieces of junk

Also, I couldn't plug the following in my rant but I want to share my point of view: Huet sucks, Ryder+Halak and a 2nd for Lecavalier, fire Carbo, fire Bob, hire Carbo as a GM, hire Ryder a coach, fire Muller, hire Muller as a RW, call up Lapierre, send down Grabovski, call up Sergei Kostitsyn, Fischer will bust, Jokinen trade proposal, Bertuzzi trade proposal, buyout Smolinski's contract and reminiscing Hainsey, Beauchemin and Hossa.
Thanks for the good laugh!...By the way, is there a subliminal message being conveyed in your avatar?

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote