View Single Post
Old
04-02-2004, 12:29 AM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Kovalev: For those who are frustrated with him, rewind the game tape and pay special attention to his play on this night. Yes, he’s not producing yet. Yes, he’s struggling with play selection at times. However if you watch carefully you’ll see how’s he’s almost adapted to our style of play (remember it took the entire team 20 games to figure it out this year) and is starting to dominate some shifts out there. He’s winning his battles along the boards more often than not, and (this is key) he’s throwing the body – something he may not have done his entire tenure in New York. There are subtle changes in his game that are more conducive to the Habs style of play and I think it’s only a matter of time now before he finds himself. If he can dominate periods of play while on a line with two players who seem to fear the offensive zone, I believe he’s turning it around. I don’t see him on this line long, just long enough for Juneau to change his attitude and more importantly his work ethic. There are lapses, yes, but he’s almost there…almost. B-

Dagenais: I think the coach game him a ‘one more chance’ speech. He played hard, made hits, got in position, fought for the puck, and played the only way that will keep him in the NHL long-term. B+
Kovalev was just great tonight. He hit,skated hard and make great plays. He clerly played his best game as a MTL canadien. Hes not gonna help us playing with juneau. CJ needs to wake up,and put Kovalev on the top two lines which brings me to my other point. I liked the fact that perreault wasnt on the line up tonight. Some people would say that he would have finish som plays but he clearly wouldnt have made them happen like bulis did. Dagenais played good but his linemates were the reason why, so i wouldnt put too much into tonight and hope that hs the next to take a seat after perreault.