View Single Post
Old
12-05-2007, 12:47 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Beauchemin's cap hit is only 1.65 million.

If he is going the Ducks are getting something good in return.

O'Donnell's cap hit is 1.25 million. I don't think moving him would be enough because he would have to be replaced by another d-man making at least 500,000. Which reduces the cap number by only 750,000.

I really think Schneider is the one who has to go though. 5.5 million this season, 5.75million next season. Pucking moving top 4 d-man who can play a ton of minutes when healthy. Any teams interested?
I wholeheartedly agree with this. His return SHOULD be significant if he's moved.

His negative to me is only 1 more year under contract. Curious on Beauchemin....from a Duck's fans view....how good is he really? I watch a good amount of Ducks games after the east coast games are over and he makes some nice plays from time to time. I can't help but wonder though, how much of his success is tied to his defensive partner? Can he come to a team like Washington and pair with Tom Poti and be a #1 guy? If so...then the Caps should look to make this deal and make sure they take a good run at resigning the guy early if they can (his play the rest of this year pending).

Schneider makes more sense....but who really has the room to trade you back good /great prospects for little in salary cap hit....and pick up the kind of salary cap hit Schneider brings?? Your options are extremely limited there IMO.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote