View Single Post
Old
12-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Why no love for Schneider? He is fairly expensive, but he's still a great d-man, and would be a #1 on many teams. IMO he's just what a team like Chicago needs.

That being said, the Ducks have absolutely no reason to deal him yet. They aren't in salary trouble this season, and won't be. There's also no way they deal Schneider when it's unlikely Nieds is coming back for more than half a year. And even if Nieds decides to do it, Burke can deal Schneider later. Considering how good he is, and that he only has a year left on his bid after this season, I'd think there are many teams that would trade for a guy like Schneider, like Chicago, the Isles, Columbus or another team needing a #1 defenseman.

Plus, Selanne shouldn't be affected by the tagging room thing either. It only affects guys who sign multi-year deals, and I have a better chance of signing a multi-year deal with the Ducks right now than he does. He's made it quite clear he's gonna take it year by year and only sign 1 year at a time.

Also, has anyone considered the cap might go up again? I don't know what attendence figures are like, if they're up or down or whatever, but I'd think merchandise sales(I think they count toward league revenues) should be through the roof. I mean, not only are jerseys more expensive, but all 30 teams have a new one. And a couple teams either have a new primary logo and/or color changes.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote