View Single Post
Old
04-02-2004, 11:07 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
I hear what you are saying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
Personally, I'd be a bit wary of bringing in a coach with only 2 years of pro experience, especially after so many were not enamored with him last year. Coaches don't have long shelf-lives nowadays. There would be nothing wrong with leaving McGill in Hartford for the time being. If McGill were to have 3 more seasons comparable to this year, then I'd feel better about bringing him up to the big club. But right now, I feel like it'd be too much too soon.

But, I'd have to look at what he's been able to do over the last 6 years of coaching (actually teaching)

He did a great job of turning the Ice into a very good team while he was there and so far has been able to take a Hartford team and turn them into a very very good team in the AHL.

The Natural progression of achieving success is evident most of the youngsters that are battling for roster spots already respect him a great deal as he coached most of them for the better part of the season.

If the rebuild is real, and he's already gotten them to commit to this system he's built, why throw the Org a curve and go in another direction?

While building from within is usually related to the players, coaching should not be left out of that equation. Bringing Ryan up next season and let Renney do what he does best would probably be best for the Org right now.