View Single Post
Old
04-02-2004, 11:35 AM
Quantas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoethesGouda
Sorry dude.
All is forgiven . Let us celebrate with the Sens' sacred ceremonial....dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoethesGouda
You think Boston is a lock for the division? I think Ottawa has a decent chance of taking it. Boston has a home and home vs. a hot Devils team, and may also be without their leading scorer, Thorton.

I would love to get to second, in the East, and play Montreal, or possibly the Islanders, but realistically we are going to have a dogfight in the first round, no matter who we face. The only thing that matters is getting as much home ice as possible. Our Home-Away record illustrates just how important home ice is for the Sens.
Boston needs two points to remove the Leafs from contention (or the Leafs could just lose tonight ), and three to eliminate the Sens. I think they have much easier road getting 2-3 pts/2 games than the Sens who'll most likely need 3-4 pts/2 games to clinch the division.

The Islanders are out of reach and Montreal's only a dream right now. A lot of people are talking about positioning and home-ice, but at the end of the day, regardless of positioning, you could very well see Philly, NJ, Tor and Ottawa all facing off against one another. The two winners coming out of that dog fight are going to be hard pressed to make it through to the Finals. Time will tell I suppose.

Ottawa needs to win their last two games if they have a prayer of getting the 2nd seed. Otherwise it's a case of pick your poison...Leafs, Devils or Flyers.