Thread: Does Balej...
View Single Post
Old
04-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674
hmmmm

some decent comparisons but i dont think BAJEJ is that much like DEVO or even HEJDUK....i really see him as being more of a MARTIN HAVLAT in that JUST LIKE HAVLAT balej is a EAST-WEST player...meaning he loves to slash to his right or left...whereas DEVO was more of a north-south player and HEJDUK is a pure scorer who doesnt make too many moves, he just makes one quick move and shoots. also like HAVLAT, balej doesnt mind going to the net and getting a bit physical in there, he is strong on his skates too...just like havlat. also like havlat, and not like hejduk, balej is not a pure goal-scorer...he can score but it will take him some time to develop his scoring touch and he probably wont score more than 30-40 goals ever. so comparing balej to hossa or hejduk is going too far...whereas comparing him to dvorak is just not accurate, they just play different styles. but what can make balej a super player is that like havlat he has a chance, like havlat, to become an ALL-AROUND player because he already can skate, shoot, play a bit physical, play with passion, and his defense is improving. so there you go, i'd take another havlat any day!