View Single Post
Old
12-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Yet another 1 goal loss, 3-2, that's 4 straight now.
Roe keeps his point streak alive with a goal, Lasch's ends
I saw this game before I flipped over to catch the wild third period of the UND-MN game.

Some observations of THIS game...

I really, really like Garrett Roe. What impressed me most about him was his stickwork. It's awesome and nowhere did he demonstrate that better than on that goal he scored in the third, which was just a thing of beauty. I've seen a number of games already across the entirety of D-I and I have to tell you that Roe's goal was one of, if not the prettiest goal that I've seen so far. Mannino had absolutely no chance on that one and his positioning on that play was pretty darn good too.

I like the Huskies line combination of Nodl-Roe-Hartman. It's a nice mix of skills that seem to compliment one another. I thought all three played really well,. but someone needs to tell Nodl that scoring a goal doesn't have to be a work of art, it just has to end up in the net. When he just shoots the biscuit, he's fine.....like on the goal he scored, but there were at least three or four different times that I counted where he tried to be too cute. Just shoot the darn thing!

SCSU has to figure out a way to beat DU's great PK. That's been one of the Pioneers strengths this season.

Although the third period was very entertaining, it was also filled with some really bad/lazy play by both teams. DU managed to start getting their act together in the latter stages of the regulation, but if SCSU could've really broke this thing open, DU might have ended up with the loss.

Another area where the Huskies really need to pick it more is in playing the body. That's where I thought DU had the upper hand throughout most of this game. Roe was one of the few SCSU players that was consistently throwing the body. He tried to lay a hit on Rakhshani at one point and ended up getting put on his keester, but looked no worse for wear. Just got up and got back into play without really missing a beat.

Overall it was an entertaining game that could've gone either way and I'm looking forward to seeing the rematch tomorrow night.

...did I mention that I really, really like Garrett Roe?

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote