View Single Post
Old
12-08-2007, 11:17 PM
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
I don't know what the hell to say about this anymore.
2-0 lead, less than 6 to go melts into a 3-2 loss.
Something is drastically wrong and Motzko had better find out how to fix it.
From an outsiders perspective, Rabid, this is a rebuilding year for SCSU. Your [not so chummy] friends in Madison are going through the same thing. Both teams have good young talent but suffer from lack of veteran depth and leadership.

Truthfully, I'm surprised SC has done this well this year. When I saw the preseason ranking I though "these guys are so overated". Considering the fact they lost, I believe it was 8 seniors; most notably Goepfert, I think they can hold their heads high to be in the top 20. I don't think there should be lofty expectations in Madison or St. Cloud this year. I expect both teams near the top of the WCHA next year, however.

The fact of the matter is that the teams like NoDak, CC and DU have so much more in the way of depth and experience so it is no wonder they are at the top of the conference. I think the best that teams like our respective favorites and the likes of UMD can get this year is to play the elite teams tough and learn from the failures in these series.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote