View Single Post
Old
12-09-2007, 12:40 AM
lotus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincetheprince View Post
well he wasnt a goaltender when we played together, thank god for that. ME Vlasic was kinda my assistant coach in 05-06(brothers on my team)while playing with the remparts, so we had an on ice session with him and Roy, who just laced his skates up and ran the practice.
haha that's awesome. I remember an interview with Henrik Lundqvist before the season began. He goes back to Sweden over the summer and practices with kids a lot of the time. And he had a bunch of them just shoot on him for like an hour. They asked questions to each of the kids afterwards and the responses were something along the lines of "he's just ****ing sick!". I could imagine what it would be like if that were Patrick Roy instead.

I've played with a few guys who are AHL caliber, and one who does pro roller hockey. It's amazing cause there's nothing flashy, they just make everything look so easy. This guy came down on me 1 on 1 and I thought I was playing him perfectly, and then before I knew it, he banged it off the boards and blew by me in one quick movement, then took a snapshot by our goalie.

I was actually blown away, I had no idea what happened. It's still just a blur.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote