Thread: Vili Sopanen
View Single Post
Old
12-09-2007, 06:55 AM
RuuhkaTukka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
I was just wondering if someone could translate this scouting report for me. Also what sort of potential this kid has. He is putting up ok stats in the SMLiga this year and wonder if he has any sort of NHL potential.

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/arkisto/pelicans/scouting-report-22007-vili-sopanen-pelicans.html
Strengts:

Big player, good with puck. Can deke and challenge. Willing to play in tight situations and doesnīt mind being hit. Efficient in front of the net as he keeps his eyes to the puck and his stick on ice.

Something to develope:

Scating technique and strenght on scates. On defence his understanding of the game and his technique limits his efficiency. Is not a good two way player.

Comment, Jukka Jalonen, coach, Finnis national team:

Has had a good start for this season. His teams offencive style suits Sopanen well as he getīs to play with his strenghts. Plays with high selfesteem. Can pass, protect the puck and score. I wouldnīt put him on ice yet in critical momentīs of the game as he always plays at limit (makes risky decisions, wonīt play safe). Propably due to his young age canīt decide when to take risks and when to play it safe. When team is trailing he is very useable. His defencive game should improve if he doesnīt lose his patience and will. These things are a lot easier to teache that puck skills and vision.

Edit: I canīt really comment on his potential as I have seen him play only two times. Maby he has a chance as he is scoring despite his young age. Also he is coached by one of the best finnish coaches, Hannu Aravirta. I suppose it is up to him to become a big player.

RuuhkaTukka is offline   Reply With Quote