Old
04-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
Ribeiro? He's still on the team? Oh...didn't realize cuz I haven't heard much from him lately. He's really slowed down in terms of point production in the last 2 weeks. It doesn't bode well for the playoffs.
Let me shrug in advance... ... what follows is somewhat hypothetical:

When the Habs get into a bit of a slump, CJ seems to pull back the reins a bit and urge the team to play more conservatively, to "do the simple things", to "get back to basics", etc. I guess most coaches do. With Ribeiro, he's best when things are just kind of rush-rush pond hockey style out there, and he'll obviously slow down when everybody around him is lagging a bit behind and he has the coach glaring at him to come back on the play more.

It reeeeeally worked well against the Isles and Philly.

Not that this should give us a lot of hope for Ribs in the playoffs: unless it's TB, I think he'll be checked into the ice ES, and so it becomes absolutely essential that he's clicking on the PP. It doesn't _have_ to be that way, but I think CJ will be approaching the playoffs with a defense-first philosophy that doesn't necessarily fit our team composition very well.

One for the road: