View Single Post
Old
12-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Macster

vCash: 500
Was skating before I could really walk. Played left maniac on a crappy, poor novice team in Edmonton. Dad coached Atom AA and I played there for two winters and then I moved to Halifax and up to Pee Wee where I tried out for and made a AAA team. I led my league in scoring my first year of Pee Wee.

The AAA team I played for ended up disbanding and I had to play for the only other team which was close to where I lived and that was a AA team, I ended up breaking my foot the week before Christmas and missed the rest of the year. Because of the disbanding the year before and my hurting myself, i fell off the map and played AA through Bantam and my last year of prganized hockey was for a Midget house team. Quite a drop off. I wasn't headed to the NHL or anything but I was good, but I got ****ed by the team and my health. I have played gentlemen's rec since then.

Outside of playing, I am an official and have been since my year of Midget. These days with work I mostly do bantam and peewee house and A leagues, early in the evening.

I have co-coached an Atom team since 2002, and I absolutely love it. My best buddy and I get so much out of seeing these kids have fun and get better.

Fan-wise, I have followed hockey for as long as I can remember, there's not much you can get past me (confident, not cocky) and I know and understand the game. I have seen it played as a player, official, and as a fan, and have a respect for all three POVs.

Macster is offline   Reply With Quote