View Single Post
Old
04-03-2004, 06:01 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
This was a frustrating game. I thought we were the better team through 2 as their only goal come on a lucky deflection. But we came out flat in the third and deserved to lose. When all you have to do is play winning hockey for 20 minutes and you come out like that, you don't deserve the playoffs.

Congrats to the Blues, their fans were relatively harmless today save for a few classless idiots.

I enjoyed seeing Eaton manhandle Tkachuk. Ole Keither had nothing on Mark.

And one has to be asking Trotz what he was thinking with his defensive pairings. Hamhuis and Zidlicky on the same pair, Yikes! York and Bombardir on the same pairing, double yikes! You have two very weak pairings out there when you split them up as such. York and Bombardir aren't smart with the puck and make very poor puck decisions. Hamhuis and Zids aren't very big and are...ROOKIES! Hamhuis may not play like one in his own end but Zids sure does. Having those two together is not too smart for business. Hammer just isn't good enough to cover for Zidlicky's mistakes.

Trotz was prepped for a physical contest by playing McKenzie (despite them scratching Low) and Stevenson. But he sat our only two physical Dmen. While neither is great or even particularly good, I think Hnidy has been superior to Bombardir so far. But Bomber keeps getting the chances that Hnidy isn't afforded.