View Single Post
12-11-2007, 05:45 PM
vCash: 500
I started Ice Hockey at 22 as well after playing years of Roller hockey. What really got me started was skating on the pond and figuring out how to skate better. It's amazing what you can learn when you aren't worried about what other people are thinking. I had gone to the public skating as a kid and a few times every year before the age of 22, but never really tested what I was capable of on the ice. One of my buddies played for a beer league and he asked me if I would be interested in some ice time while his team rented the ice for practice. Well, they ended up playing a game instead and threw me into the fire. From there they asked me to join their team and about 8 years later I like to think I've come a very long way. So maybe I only play in a "B" Level Beer League, but it is much better than where I started.

I would actually suggest a developmental league to begin with. Perhaps a clinic that works on fundamentals and gets you ready for some open hockey. Or you could just scout out open hockey and see if you would be comfortable out there.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote