View Single Post
Old
12-12-2007, 10:07 AM
MHNet

vCash: 500
Wins over BC, BU, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are all good on paper, but all of them are struggling to some degree this season, too.

The 2nd half of the season will be much more telling than the first half. Michigan hasn't play any of the conference top dogs yet. It's great to see that they won the games they should have won (well, save for that Ohio State letdown) to finish 16-2-0 in the first half, whereas last season they finished the first half 12-7-0 and lost a lot of games they shouldn't have.

In January they have a pair against Notre Dame and Michigan State back-to-back, then in February a pair at Miami and another series against Michigan State. No doubt they are going to get tested!

My concern right now is the long break. They don't play for 20 days, which is a long time. I hope the kids don't slack off in their time off. Plus they lose four players for the World Juniors, then they have the week after the GLI off. I worry that by the time the team is fully back together in January they might have to regain their chemistry and game form. Too much rest can be a negative, IMO.

Definitely been a first half of pleasant surprises, though

MHNet is offline   Reply With Quote