View Single Post
Old
12-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Oilers Chick
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
I agree with your concerns. But if there is one coach who can keep his team's eyes focused on the prize, it's Red Berenson. I attended a hockey camp of his in the 90s and he was an amazing motivator.

Though we are losing some top-flight talent to the World Juniors, our senior leadership should (fingers crossed) keep things in line. Porter is flat out dominating the game right now and I don't see any reason for that to end, unless Mad Max is completely responsible for the top line's success, which I sincerely doubt.

I cannot wait for the MSU games. Sparty needs to go down.
Red's a great guy and he just oozes maize and blue. I see him every summer at the Snoopy Tournament.

While it's very impressive what the team has done to this point of the season, one thing I'll say is this - I can almost guarantee you that the Wolverines would not be where they're at right now without the leadership of Porter and Kolarik. Those guys, especially Porter, are the glue that holds the team together. There's a reason why so many people have Porter as the early Hobey favorite...all you have to do look at his numbers, and more importantly, his leadership and value to his team.

As for the upcoming GLI, it should be a good one to watch. Both Michigan and MSU are playing very well right now, but the surprise might be Providence College. Don't laugh, they're a vastly improved team this season, with Tyler Sims returning to his freshman year form. The Friars have already beaten UMass, swept Maine up in Orono and most recently, kicked the crap outta Brown to claim the Mayor's Cup. Whichever team plays PC can definitely except one thing....their goalie will be facing a lot of rubber. In their last few games, the Friars have averaged between 35-42 SOGs per game.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote