View Single Post
Old
12-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safir View Post
I realized that right after I made that post. PB, look what happened when Legace was out. I don't think Toivonen or Schwarz can carry the Blues into the playoffs. Anaheim with Giguere in goal doesn't have that problem. Plus, I think that Anaheim is more likely to win the cup.

Don't mind the Blues and I hope that the team makes the playoffs this season. I just don't view them a team which can compete for the Cup in 2008.

Weight might sign those remarks or why else did he waive his NTC? BTW don't worry about it, he'll sign again with the Blues in summer, only to shipped out again in 2008/2009 for the benefit of the Blues. haha!
Duly noted, sir. I share your concern about Toivonen and Schwarz being able to carry the team in Legcae's absence, but in Toivonen's defense, at least, he was hung out to dry in several of those games... particularly in the "Debacle in Denver" the other day.

Thanks, Eric Brewer and Christian Backman...

Yes, Giguere is a solid goalie that can carry the Ducks a long way... but he's not from Krypton, and if he should get hurt, the Ducks are royally fornicated since they unloaded Bryzgalov.

I don't really see the Blues as a team that can win the Cup this year, either, but stranger things have happened, and I'm sure you'll agree that they're much improved over the last couple of years, recent performances notwithstanding.

I think this is a good move for Weight, as it does give him a better chance to win another Cup... and re-signing with the Blues (again) in the off-season is certainly not out of the question.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote