Send a message via AIM to eman1966
Best (all-around) forward:Thornton, when he wants to be
Best (all-around) defenseman:Boynton
Most consistent forward:Bergeron
Most consistent defenseman: Gill
Most improved forward:Marty Lapointe, no one is complaining about him now
Most improved defenseman:Boynton
Biggest surprise (good):Bergeron, Teddy Donato
Biggest disappointment:Samsonov, only because of the injury bug holding him back
Most underrated player:Travis Green
Most overrated player:no one
Team MVP:Raycroft

Thornton seems to be somewhat inconsistent, sometimes he dominates, sometimes he is ordinary. Samsonov as "Biggest Disappointment": 2 years in a row, we don;t get to see how much he can do over a full season because he gets hurt....

Last year, people really dogged Lapointe for what he gets paid in comparison to his offensive contribution. This year, he has stepped it up. Maybe not worth $5M, but definitely a huge improvement and much valued play.

Brian Rolston almost got my Disappointment vote: I think he has so much talent and sometimes can't understand why he seems to have maxed out in what he can do.

Travis Green: For awhile, I wondered what the big deal was...this guy wins faceoffs, hits people and picked up his scoring.

Ted Donato: Who expected him to do much? I have to admit, when he is out there on the PK unit, you watch him to see what he will do. He hustles all the time and other players must think he's a pain in the ass.