View Single Post
Old
12-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsson Schmilsson View Post
Oh lord, do I hope Burke does this. If he did, it would guarantee he would either have to let Perry walk or gut the team elsewhere.

I don't think he's as shortsighted as you, though, to reduce his team's cap number for next year when they're already in cap hell without having to re-sign or replace players.

Please, please, please, though. That would be great.
The problem is, the Ducks don't need to give Selanne bonuses. They've got about $3 million in room right now, and if Hnidy goes, they'll have even more. Hell, Burke still might move Marchant, especially since now he doesn't have to anymore. Either way, the Ducks will play their 41st game on December 30th. Which means, if Selanne signs on January 1st, he's only playing half a season. Now, if the Ducks give Selanne $2.5 million or so, that's the equivalent of $5 million a season. And, hell, if he signs January 1st, he's still not in shape, and the Ducks will suspend him for 10-21 days or whatever. If this happens, Selanne will only play in 30 or so games this season. Considering that's just over 1/3rd of a season, I think between $2 million and $3 million guaranteed is pretty damn good.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote