View Single Post
Old
04-04-2004, 06:58 PM
BruinsGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Morenz
Just sit back and take it all in. I hope we are taken very lightly by the B's. When you are serious underdogs as we are you tend to grip your stick a little looser. We have nothing to prove,so let'em slag us if they want. Just extra motivation for our boys,so keep talking to the press B's.
Look...you are not huge underdogs we are not heavy favourites. Everybody aware about Theo's ability to steal series , Souray re-emergence, great leadership of Koivu and surprising rook in Ryder.

I am absolutely sure that B's players fully understand this and will treat series and Habs with respect.

What I'm reading more and more on these boards and in press is that Montreal press and fans are underestimating B's this time around... They are still talking about big and slow defence, and big and not crafty, slow offence. What they fail to notice is that we have couple of pretty good defencemen who also are not liabilities defencivly and can log long minutes. Our second line is crafty and fast etc. and our coach won't keep line that lost all chemistry (like Stump-Murray-Samsonov). Two years ago B's couldn't overcome goal deficit to save their lives and were losing 1-2 goals leeds like first-greaders are losing crayons!

I hope you got my point. We respect Habs, they should respect us. It will be great series.

And besides of what Rolston or Ribeiro said...I don't think any of these 2 teams needs extra motivation when playing each other, it's been like this all season long it will be in the playoffs.

(sorry for my probably poor English, not my first language)

Last edited by BruinsGirl: 04-04-2004 at 07:01 PM.