View Single Post
Old
04-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Kubera55

vCash: 500
Yeah, I've got a good friend with season tickets in Hartford. I've seen Labarberra play off and on for three years, and I even though he's had a terrific year and seems to be a great guy, I can't say I see him as ever being an NHL goalie.

Even when he's playing well in Hartford he struggles with his rebound control . . . it's just that McGill has the Pack playing so stifling on defense that nobody can get into the crease and scoop up the rebounds. In the NHL, no one's defense is that good.

Still, it's a great story and he's a terrific guy. I hope to hell he proves everyone wrong.

However . . . with Blackburn getting healthy and Lundqvist possibly coming over from Europe, I really think Jason's days in the NY system are numbered. The Rangers are not going to want the popular and AHL-successful Labarberra taking starts away from GotF Dan Blackburn, and Labarberra has never done well in the back-up role (his confidence falters). I bet that once Blackburn's shoulder is 100%, Sather will look to move him . . .