View Single Post
Old
04-05-2004, 08:48 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Before trading Poti and handing Pock...

the job, remember it's been only a few games and the NHL season is a long, grinding process. Poti too has played physical at times and has played well defensively at times. Poti was also at one point (last season) the leader among point-getters for defensemen. Not to knock Pock, I've liked what I've seen and think he's improved in his short time here, but I still don't deal Poti unless it's a good deal.

And TB...I think there will be plenty interest in Poti. I'll say it again that I thought he was quite good after Leetch left. When he's not the guy who's supposed to be the defensive outlet and is able to play his game, he can be good. He was very good on the left point, I thought, a position I don't remember him being in too much during his stint thus far with the Rangers. I saw him step it up a notch after Leetch left and believe he's capable to being a player. He's not a defensive juggernaut and needs to be paired with a complementary player, but I think he has value, and may even be valuable to the Rangers.