View Single Post
Old
04-05-2004, 12:39 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I am sure we'll have plenty of draft threads, reports from prospects camp and training camp and countless threads are line combinations
Let's just all pray the CBA gets resolved and we have hockey come September 15th. I guess I am a little guilty of not panicking earlier or not realizing the severity of the whole CBA situation ,but hearing Bob and Jim say goodbye and admitting they don't know when they are going to be back was like a sobering slap to the face. Like Rick James slapping Charlie Murphy :bonk: Watching Luc say goodbye to the Refs and lineman didn't help either.

The lockout in 94-95 was bad enough. This one could kill hockey
ah yes, the prospects camp and training camp daily updates threads were a godsend last year - you go months with the only hockey news being so and so signed a two year contract, blah blah, and then, like an oasis in the desert, suddenly you have daily reports on the team's prospects, you can go see them practice... its pretty sweet, and behind playoffs, i think that camp has to be my favorite part of the year. i remember last year, those heady days when we were all sustained by thoughts that allison and deadmarsh will be back by christmas... those were the days.

as for the cba, i am not too panicked either, because i really think that both sides understand how destructive missing a season could be. even under the worst possible agreement, both sides would still be better off playing. not playing would be a bit like a nuclear war - mutally assured destruction, no winners, and an endless winter in which no life is possible.