View Single Post
Old
04-05-2004, 05:25 PM
sarge88

vCash: 500
Great post MK,

I was reading a hockey record book today and noticed that the Rangers have only made the playoffs 2-3 times in the last 10 years or so. Granted one of these times brought them the cup but I really got to wondering if one cup win would be enough to make me be able to handle missing the playoffs for 80-90% of a decade. Maybe, but more than likely no!

As for your comment on Rolston. I agree about him being better suited as a winger (how many centers' list their shot as their biggest strength). I'd love to see him flying down the wing taking advantage of Nylander's playmaking abilityby using his shot. Also I think that this team would do well to move Green into the 3rd center spot and use Rolston on the 2nd line as a wing. (I know it won't happen this late, but I've wanted Rollie on the wing for a couple of years now. I suggested him playing there with Stumpel last year)

Also, while I understand where you are coming from on Nylander and Slegr, we have to remember that every team has a soft player or 2. These guys have a ton of experience, both NHL and Int'l, which can only help in the post season. The Boynton's, Joe's, Lapointe's, Green's, and O'Donnells give us enough toughness, especially in the playoffs.

Again, great post!

One sure to wake the nattering, nayboms of negativity, but thoroughly enjoyable, nonetheless.

Last edited by sarge88: 04-05-2004 at 05:28 PM.