View Single Post
Old
04-05-2004, 11:16 PM
nikrag03*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Yep, Joe poked Markov in the tummy. And Markov put on an acting clinic then was just fine to play his next shift and the rest of the game. Joe checked Begin shoulder-to-shoulder, so no, it wasn't "dirty". Thornton was COASTING when he hit Begin, and the impact ROLLED Begin into the glass. Then Begin, the fine academy-award nominee that he is, played it up to the hilt, and... once again, was out there for his next shift and the rest of the game.

And so Joe should complain about the officiating. Not only does he have to lug his own 6'4", 225 lb. frame around the ice, but also the one or two other, smaller players that are usually draped all over him like a cheap suit. Thornton doesn't dive... he battles through all those damned drapers. If the officials actually called interference/holding penalties as they SHOULD be called, he very likely wouldn't be complaining.

The officiating has sucked ALL season long. It has been wholly inconsistent. What gets called against one team in any given game doesn't get called against the other team with any consistency/regularity.
I guess u don't know how it feels being "poked" in the tummy.. . That was an intentional spear and they usually hurt like hell... And Begin isn't the type of player who fakes an injury..He WASN'T back for the next shift and it was a hit from behind..I can come up with weird theories too on how the "impact" of Perreault's stick went into a Bruins p[layers face . And I said it already, if he wants to complain, then he can't be a hypocrite which he is..