View Single Post
Old
04-06-2004, 09:35 AM
greyboy67

vCash: 500
No Cakewalks!

By the way, what is a cakewalk? Beats me!

As a diehards Habs fan, I want to say that I've enjoyed the dialog with the Bruins fans on the board and appreciate the respect.

A transplanted Vermonter, I live in the SF Bay Area now. I love the Red Sox and took my 10-year old son to all the local games against the A's in the playoffs. In game 7, we were sitting behind the plate (clutching our rosaries, naturally) when Lowe struck out I-forget-his-name to end the game. Despite the euphoria, I was a little concerned for my son should the mood have turned ugly. But we did not hear one unkind word from the A's fans (not the same demographics as Raider fans, by the way). In fact, several Oakland faithful congratulated us on the Sox win and wished us well against the Yanks.

It was an opportunity to remind my son that it takes a lot more class to be gracious in defeat.

Anyway, here's wishing for a great series. I will be sorely disappointed if the Bruins win, but I will tip my hat to Boston and wish them well. (Until they meet my second-favorite team, the Sharks, in the final!)

I am pleased what the Habs have accomplished this year and look forward to continued improvement under Gainey. As well as a renewed rivalry with our "bitter" foes, the Bruins!