Old
04-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Donnie Marcotte Fan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
While that is pretty impressive, it seems the B's lack post season success. 2 cups in the last 36 years huh. that's pretty much nothing. aside from you being 36 years old, that is a very arbitrary number. If I chose 19(number of cups ive been around for), we would have a much different picture.

It's not that impressive when you consider the unfair advantage that Montreal enjoyed over every other team. Imagine if they had said to Toronto, *You guys take the first three picks out of the OHL, then have the same access to players everywhere, accept for a few tiny counties in the Province of New Brunswick. Give me a break. It would be Toronto that had all the Cups. 86 was the first Cup they won had no *taint* to it.
Tainted? You clearly dont know what your talking about. The habs didnt enjoy a good advantage. The rule was they could surrender their first round pick, and select the top french canadian player. The rule was around for 8 years, and excercised twice on players who didn't really make much of an impact. One of them, rejean houle, actually had a negative impact. The habs have 0 tainted cup wins. That is something only a B's fan would say. I also didnt want this to become a habs/b's thing but you felt you had to turn it into one. Notice i talked about lots of teams in my original post. You know, teams with 2, 3, 4, and 5 cups in the last 20 years. I guess you didn't pick up on that. you couldnt look past me being a habs fan. Like i said, the B's may have enjoyed a lot of regular season success, but that pretty much means jack. They have been playoff failures for over 30 years. There have been times when they came close. 1990, but the Hawks also came close in 92, as did the Canucks in 94. Over the past few years, the Canes, Ducks, Panthers, Flyers and caps have all equalled the B's post-season success over the last 30 years. I still cant believe how much that regional picks arguement is used when it had pretty much no effect on anything. But I suppose your just going to say it did, because they are the hated habs, and instead of saying well there was a well run franchise, you have to be jealous and say look at all the breaks they got.