View Single Post
Old
04-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
It's crazy how I don't know the prospects for the 04 draft after Barker, Malkin, Olesz and Ovechkin. Even then I don't know much about them. Last year I was thinking about the draft about 6-7 months before the end of the season. Now that the habs are doing well and going into the playoffs I really don't care as much about the upcoming draft.
Same here pretty much. Well I do follow, but much less closely than I did last year. Plus adding to the fact the Habs are doing well, it gets old to only think about piling up prospects. We already have a great deal of great ones that will likely pan out in the next year or two.

There's always that unanswered call for that long awaited PF (Ladd? Stafford? Tukonen? Pineault? Bickell?). But even if we finally draft him, chances are he won't be ready until 2-3 years, so who gives really.

So this year, I plan to enjoy the playoffs (all of them) and start getting a more in depth look at the prospects when it's all done (afterall, that might be the only NHL hockey we'll get to see for a long time ).