View Single Post
Old
04-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
That's very possible and, if so, he could keep his PowerPoint presentation and peddle it elsewhere......BUT the type of game Nolan played 7 years ago is still played today---and succesfully...

As for McGill, the more I think about him and other candiadates, the more I wouldn't mind seeing him coaching a young Ranger team...He's done a terrific job this year, almost Nolanesque.....But seriously,hard work, solid defense and good goaltending, discipline, great team chemistry, decent special teams, all with a pretty young and everchanging roster...That's the recipe we need in New York

I'm just worried about Nolan. If he went to a college or juniors or somewhere I'd feel more comfortable but the coaching situation is a lot like their draft pick this season. We really can't afford another "experiment". I like Nolan but his success is essentially tied to one season and as of right now there isn't enough other evidence to point to.

I think McGill could be the right choice IF the team is serious about going with a young team. Same for Nolan. Really it depends on what this team plans to do.

I wouldn't be opposed to Nolan per say, but if we're going down that path we might as well go with McGill. Which of course means we're probably stuck with Renney.