View Single Post
Old
04-07-2004, 03:19 PM
BearAttack

vCash: 500
I seem to recall that Montreal has done alright in the playoffs in the past with rookie goalies.
Let Montreal take Razor lightly. The people on this board who have been watching him the longest have been touting him (for a couple of years now) as a real cool cucumber. I am far more concerned with the intensity that the team in fount of him plays with than the play of our goaltender.

History (which Hab fans always bring up) is in the Bruins Favor.

The last rookie who played goal for the Bruins with such cool and calm was Frank Brimsek. (Before anyone says it he was way befor my time.)

"Frank Brimsek's star flashed on the National Hockey League scene with an initial brilliance few rookies have ever matched.* Coming up from Providence in the fall of 1938, he replaced the great Cecil "Tiny" Thompson in the Boston Bruin's net and proceeded to blank the opposition in six of his first eight games.* This performance immediately gained Brimsek the nickname, "Mr. Zero."*

* He went on that season to win the Calder Trophy as the outstanding rookie and the Vezina Trophy as the league's leading goalie.* The Bruins proceeded to capture the Stanley Cup that season as well as in 1941.*"
Now that's a reason for dancing bananas.

Last edited by BearAttack: 04-07-2004 at 03:30 PM.