View Single Post
Old
04-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Burberry Manning

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
You mean kinda like we did with both Brendl and Jessiman.

Brendl didn't work out and Jessiman is still a work in progress. After 8 years this team needs to get some actual future players. You can turn actual bodies into potential later but if potential doesnt pan out, you can't trade it for actual bodies.

just my two cents.

Thing that always got me with Ladd is that people are down on him but all i keep hearing is "i didnt see, but i heard....". I don't mean that as a shot at you, just a general observation. No one I seem to run into can really tell me why they aren't high on him. A kid scores 30 goals, 70 points, leads his team in playoff scoring, and never plays a shift with a legit playmaking center and it's still not enough. I just gotta scratch my head on this one.
I understand how you want sure things and solid guys, but at some point we are going to need a legit top line player who can possibly be a top 15 player in this league. We are going to need a Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Heatley, Thornton, Lecavalier, Hedjuk, Naslund, Elias, ect. It's great to have those hard working guys who can chip in 20 goals per year but that isnt going to bring a cup to Broadway, plus its going to be boring. Why wouldn't we use our best shot in a long time to land a "superstar" when we can get those solid but unspectacular guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds? We have Ortmeyer's, Murray's, ect. We need to hit a homerun. As for our past picks.....Brendl brought us Lindros so I'm not going to complain about that at all (you can argue about the trade but Eric has performed at a high level for 2 years). Jessiman was a good pick IMO. I think he will be nasty, but you still cant knock that pick because he is still too young to judge.

As for Ladd, I find it suspiscious that he just started to shoot up this season. I mean if you knock Schremp's consistency then you must also question Ladd's consistency from last season to this current season.