View Single Post
Old
12-29-2007, 02:42 PM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

vCash: 500
Shawn Snider

Shawn Snider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any background on this guy?
He is currently doing really well in Orebro, a third tier team in Sweden, with 8 consecutive games of scoring.
I did a little research on him, and found out that he played in the UHL and the ECHL after his college years at St. Francis.
Any background/insight on what to expect from this guy in the future would be greatly appreciated. If you want to post your info in English over on http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=439373 , the official Orebro thread, it would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

Here's a little info on Shawn. I grew up with him in Fergus, Ontario, playing hockey with him from the age of nine. After Shawn broke basically every scoring record in our hometown, he went on to play at the higher levels of youth hockey in Ontario. Drafted in the 5th round of the Ontario Hockey League draft to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, Shawn made the team right after the draft. After one season in the Sault, Shawn was traded in his second season to the Owen Sound Platers (later Attack). In his third season, Shawn broke out with a 76 point season in 61 games to lead Owen Sound in Scoring. In his fourth and final season in the OHL, Shwan had 14 points in 11 games for a bad Owen Sound team when he was traded to the Sudbury Wolves where he registerered 45 points in 46 games and lead the team in scoring despite missing roughly a month with a broken collarbone.

After finishing his OHL career Shawn had numerous offers to play professional hockey in the US but decided to got to Canadian University Hockey powerhouse St. Francis Xavier where he played for three seasons winning a National Championship and playing in another while playing with numerous future NHL players. After finishing university, Shawn played for the expansion Phoenix Roadrunners of the ECHL where he recorded 26 points in 70 games, good enough for third on the team in scoring and was Phoenix's representative at the ECHL All-Star game. After playing last season in the UHL closer to home, Shawn apparently is playing in Sweden this year which is great. Shawn is a player who can multiple roles on a team but has amazing hands and a mind for the game that allows him to be a dominant offensive player. The only thing holding Shawn back in the past has been his size, as when he was draft eligible, the NHL was still a clutch and grab league and size took precedent. I personally always felt Shawn could excel in the european leagues and it sound like he has adjusted to the style of play quite well. If any of you could update how Shawn is doing periodically I would appreciate it as hockeydb has no stats for him this season.

Last edited by 94eleven: 12-29-2007 at 02:57 PM.
94eleven is offline   Reply With Quote