View Single Post
Old
12-29-2007, 11:19 PM
guinness
those were the days

vCash: 500
I'm happy how Tech played - I thought they were the more physical of the two, but the result wasn't what I had hoped for. A classic goalie duel.

I caught the 2nd/3rd of the Providence/MSU game, and either the Spartans just had a bad weekend, or they are a terrible #5 team, but they had an awful GLI regardless.

And another thing I don't like about going to games at Joe for the GLI, is that it's basically a big home game for MSU/UofM, but what can you really do. Most Tech alum live around Detroit too (myself included), but I don't think most Michigan fans are alums though. The building went nuts when UofM finally scored.

The attendance for the championship game was really good though, probably better than most Wings games this season.

And Bud Lynch needs to retire - during the pre-game announcements, he called the Huskies, "the Wolverines" a horrible no-no, and before the 1st OT, he said that there would be a 15 minute intermission, then a shootout. No, Bud, that's the NHL, to which he corrected himself, and stated the sudden death OT.

guinness is offline   Reply With Quote