View Single Post
Old
04-07-2004, 10:07 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I was proud of the team's effort. Detroit wasn't clearly the best team in this game and that makes me happy. I think we failed to win this game as much as they won it. For the past several games, we have generated many, many great scoring chances and failed on almost every one. Steve Sullivan could have made this game 4-0 if he'd have scored on his great chances. You could really tell he's lost a ton of confidence after missing the PS. He had a good solid chance from the faceoff dot and he just teed it up and ripped it at the net. That's what bad players do in that situation. They just try to hit the puck as hard as they can and hope it finds a crack.

I'll say this, for as much as the Preds carried the play at times, the Wings got some really sweet deals with regards to officiating. I think both goalie interference calls were questionable and probably wouldn't be called in any other games in the PO's. It seems to me, if you don't really know if the goalie was interfered with, don't call it just because Legace fell down with a Preds player in the vicinity. Plus, I don't think you can allow some of the no-calls to go on and then call interference like that.

Enough complaining, it didn't effect the outcome. The Wings capitalized on their chances and we didn't, bottom line. It's been a recurring theme in the past 15 games and it's something we will have to fix before we hope to win a game.

And I feel bad for Hammer. He played a good game save for two really noticeable plays. He's going to have to be stronger on his skates in the next game.