View Single Post
Old
04-07-2004, 10:13 PM
WuRtZLeSs

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
Great Game!

What a game, when Draper potted that goal to start the third you knew it was going to be a slug fest to finish. I thought Nashville carried the play for much of the first two periods and took it to Detroit. While it's not a win, the game will without-a-doubt certainly gave the Predators and Trotz much to build on for game two on Saturday.

Sullivan was all over tonight and will be kicking himself for awhile. Why in the world he went glove-side twice in a row, especially on the penalty shot when Legace was out of position and leaning is beyond me.. but he's the goal scorer, not me. Adam Hall had a great game, watching him and Hartnell crash the net at the beginning of the game was beautiful. Erat played a nice and feisty game as well, he was all over and quite frankly was lucky he didn't get an unsportsmanlike penalty when he clearly shot the puck late at the empty net, but he seemed to enjoy it. He was in a buncha' scrums and if given the opportunity can/will put up some points in the series if given the same amount of room he was given today. Walker was pretty quiet for much of the game, it seemed as if he strayed from the grind-it-out type game that he finds success in, but I'm sure the nerves were high and he'll be ready on Saturday. Legwand was quiet as well, he played a decent game .. he had a couple nice passes and a couple scoring opportunities he couldn't convert on - but you could tell he wanted to do something offensively, the stage is set for him to make a name for himself.

Hamhuis played an excellent game, he was solid on the penalty kill and overall played pretty well. Tough break for him at the end when he nonchalantly went for the puck and Lang smoked him, but that's the risk Nashville will take playing him - he's young but he'll learn. How 'bout Bombardir? He must've been saving it for the playoffs because he certainly didn't look out of place at all. He got tripped up in the corner on a play, but outside of that he played a solid yet unspectacular defensive game .. something the Preds certainly could use. Zidlicky will be missed, especially on the powerplay as it goes without saying - but hopefully he'll be able to pull through it and be ready come Saturday. Timonen also had a solid game as well and was all over, he got 26 some odd minutes and jawed it up with the best of them. Hopefully his lower body (/ankle ) will be good to go on Saturday.

Vokoun played solid throughout the game, he came up real big early and set the Predators off on the right track. Despite having no help on the PK in front of the net (as usual), he played real solid and saw everything, evidenced by the fact Detroit finished 0-5 on the powerplay. He would most likely want Draper's goal back, as it looked as if he was a little indecisive and was unsure of the play to begin with, but it's tough when your tested that early - hell, look at what happened to Legace. I think it goes without saying that Vokoun will halfta' play excellently in order for the Predators to advance, but if this game is any indication of his future performances in this series, the Preds are in good hands.

Overall, real nice game for Nashville. Like I said earlier, they clearly dominated play early through the first two periods but the early third period goal was a back-breaker. Holmstrom will be a killer in this series if he's not beaten like a rented mule, but the Predators have had trouble with players like him all season so the postseason should be no difference. I can only assume you guys were just as stoked as I was about this game, and I can't wait to watch Nashville come Saturday.

And with that said, Go Preds Go!

Last edited by WuRtZLeSs: 04-07-2004 at 10:19 PM.