View Single Post
Old
12-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krax View Post
I know of two world class Russian players who are able to stick-handle and shoot both sides the same way. They had to learn in both ways.

Once heard this: working your bad side will improve the better one faster than working exclusively the better side.
I'll back this.

I'm a righty shooting right. When I was little, I had an alright shot, just average in stick skills and picking where I want to shoot.

When I started playing goalie, I was forced to learn to shoot left handed because I caught with my left hand. After about 5 years of shooting left handed with a goalie stick, I was able to pick up a left handed stick and shoot no problem with in. Then I would pick up a right handed stick and just be super fast with my shots and where I wanted them. My wrist shots we're way harder along with snap shots.

If someone gave me a left handed stick to shot with, I could it no problem. Not above average, but a normal shot. Now if someone gives a right handed stick, I can tear up with shots with fine accuracy. Alot better than people that have been shooting on side their whole lives.

So what I'm trying to say is that, yes, I feel that having to learn to shoot left handed, made my right handed shot that much better.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote