View Single Post
Old
12-30-2007, 06:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
I'll echo pred303...this game felt "off" from the second the puck was dropped. I've been at games with a loud 13.5 where you felt like the place was sold out...this place was a tomb, even when Klein(at the time) made the game 2-1. The players looked just as lifeless as the fans in attendance. I saw a lot more jersey-less fans than usual, I kind of wondered if it were more "casuals" than usual...in which case, seeing us put out such a sleepy effort is not the kind of impression you would hope they would make. No one seemed to be that "into it."

Also echoing pred303...it's hard to watch a game in which Evgeni Nabokov absolutely ROBS us three times in the second..at a point when we were leading the game...and then see those shots...not necessarily easy shots...but stoppable nonetheless...end up in the back of our net. Mason is making huge saves, and on the next shift, it all goes down the toilet. It's not totally his fault, we're blowing clears, leaving guys open in the slot, screening our own goalie...but the old saying about the last line of defense rings true.

Hope Leggy is alright. Not many we could afford to lose less, right now.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote