View Single Post
Old
12-31-2007, 09:57 AM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Henrik v. Luongo you'd expect to be low-scoring. Watch it be 6-4 though.

Do you give Valiq a start on the trip? I'd say yes. Ideally he'd play in one of the back to backs, but Edmonton would probaby be the best team for him to face.
I'd like to think Henrik starts all of these games. Which is why he was just given Saturday off. That was my thinking when this happened. He's fresh. He can play back to back and I don't see him not getting the first game in Calgary OR the next night versus Luongo. You're right about the possibility of Edmonton but I think if he plays well there's no way he's not out there for that game either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinNJ View Post
We head to the western conference for 3 games and I think this will be a real test of what we can expect as the season progresses, and what can happen in the playoffs.

For me, I need to see at least 2 wins out of these 3 games or I will have very limited expectations for a playoff run this year. We win all 3? Then I am going to start getting excited.

Thoughts?
How on Earth does this have anything to do with what can happen in the playoffs? They're months away. This has nothing to do with any of that. I couldn't disagree more. We wouldn't see any of these teams til the finals anyway and the playoffs are all about how you're playing THEN, not about how you play'd when you went on a 3 game trip to western Canada at the start of January.

If you don't see 2 wins out of 3 you're going to have limited expectations? But if we do that you're going to be excited? Who are you? That's ridiculous. What if they win 2 of 3 and then go on to lose five straight? Or if they lose all 3 and then bounce back with a five game win streak? Would it be nice to go on a tough trip and come back with a couple wins? Yeah. But come on man. Getting excited if we win 2 of 3 and having limited expectations if we lose 2 of 3? I'm glad your opinion of this team is based on a one game difference on a trip to Canada.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote